Saturday 4 October 2008

Simpsonized!

The camera never lies (ho ho!), which is why there isn't a photo of me gracing this page. Instead I've used a service which provides a representation which can be edited and enhanced in ways that would require considerable skill in Photoshop, The Gimp, or any of those other wannabe photo editing software packages.

All I did was visit Simpsonizeme.com, uploaded a photo of me for it to work on, refined the results and saved them to my Mac, and then I added a graduated background and sepia conversion in a well-known photo editing software package. Since I'm never likely to appear in a real episode of The Simpsons, this is probably my perihelion.

If you don't already know, then you might like to ponder on who the sponsor company might be for the SimpsonizeMe website before visiting it.

Exploring deeper...

Since I routinely mis-use things, I also took a picture of Homer Simpson and let that be Simpsonized too. I then took the result and Simpsonized that, and...


The results of all these iterations are quite striking: the first generation has completely un-Homer'ed him, and then it seems to settle down into a kind of 'Alternative Universe' Homer (with glasses) for several generations (Number 4 reminds me of...), But just as you think it is locked into it, the sixth generation goes off at a completely new tangent.

No comments: