Sunday 22 March 2009

Geek food


Even someone who lives and breathes technology has to eat sometimes!

Well, that's my excuse, and maybe I use it slightly too often. But sometimes food can be so good that you have to tell other people about it! And last night, that happened to me.

I've been an occassional frequenter of The Galley restaurant in Woodbridge for many years, and I've always been impressed by the variety, innovation and overall high standard of the food. The 'Turkish Lamb Stew' is, and I use the cliche without any hesitation, 'simply divine' - a perfect blend of richness and depth of taste with just the right amount of spiciness.

Lst night, however, I was unexpectedly struck by the '[insert local place-name here] Duck Breast with green peppercorn sauce...'. The duck was nice, but the sauce was wonderful. One of those times when you really do try to remove every last atom of it from the plate. Creamy and tasty, it certainly hit the spot for me and my daughter.

Now, given the ability to do so, I'd quite happily eat those two dishes in rotation for the forseeable future, although there is a rival for my affections - the 'Chocolate Crunch' at work remains my favourite desert, just ahead of The Galley's 'Creme Brulee'.

This has been a minor distraction from your normal reading regime in this blog. Normal vaguely tech-related musings and postings will resume soon.

No comments: