Monday 16 November 2009

Films Half-Remembered

As I get older, my memory seems to be morphing/degrading/evolving(?)/improving(?) into a turbulent combination of 'fast and accurate' as I've always known it, mixed with annoyingly flaky 'near-recollections' where I can almost get to the thing I'm thinking of (sometimes so close I can almost taste it, almost have it on the tip of my tongue ready to say...), but it doesn't and won't quite resolve to the actual name.

With this in mind, here is where I'm going to collect things that flash into my head that fit into this category. You'll see what I mean when you see the examples:

Films/Movies Half-Remembered

The Men Who Glare at Stoats
<=> The Men Who Stare at Goats
The Fifth Elephant <=> The Fifth Element
Robin Hood: Prints of Thebes (Dirty postcards, anyone?) <=> Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
Willow, the presumed Buffy spin-off that curiously seems to have no obvious connection with anything in the Buffy canon...
The Bourne Something Else <=> Identity, Supremacy, Ultimatum
Blend It With Beckham (presumably a product endorsement TV cookery show!) <=> Bend It Like Beckham

Bands/Groups/'Popular Beat Combos' Half-Remembered

The Dixie Dregs <=> The Dixie Chicks (both exist!)
Boomerang, currently wowing them on their 11th come-back tour!
Dromedary, 70s prog rock band noted for long guitar solos.
The Dreadful Grate <=> The Grateful Dead

Jokes That Need More Work

What colour are car-keys? A brown/green colour (Khaki!)

As always, I'll add to the list when I can, so until then, I'll apologise for its brevity, but I hope that there's a least a smile in there already!





Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: