Sunday 15 February 2009

Master Class on Future TV Tools


Today I presented a lecture for an Entertainment Master Class group in Cambridge. I talked about the future of tools for video, and I used my long-held conjecture that what happens in audio happens in video a few years later. Given the virtualisation of just about everything audio, then I predicted that the same would be happening for video next.

There's all sorts of pointers to this, not least the company I founded: Real Time Content, which is actively pushing the boundaries of what is possible with video in real time.

But it was very refreshing to be able to present to an audience of about 40 of the next, rising generation of tv producers and commissioning editors at a time when the tv business faces a time of huge change. They were keen, alert, professional, and asked some very pertinent and very knowing questions, which bodes well for the future of tv.

It was also humbling to be invited to present, because the list of presenters is truly stellar!

And if anyone is interested in attending a future Entertainment Master Class (2009/10), then it definitely gets my seal of approval.

No comments: