Wednesday 1 October 2008

Russlings returns!


After more years than I dare to think about, my punningly-named column from the early 1990s editions of the enduringly wonderful hi-tech music magazine Sound On Sound has re-appeared - here. The name has changed slightly, because there's now a zoo-oriented blog called 'Russlings', but the brain behind this re-appearance is the same old me, albeit slightly older. (and hopefully wiser...)

Actually, to be honest, what I really mean to say is that after an embarrassingly long period of time, I've finally got around to setting up my own blog to accompany my eponymous web-site.

What I'm intending to do here is provide comment and analysis on today's hi-tech world: to reflect on its diversity, novelty, and even on what appears to be an ever-increasingly commodity: its insanity. Note that this is my intent - the reality will probably be not as frequent or as informed as I would like it to be. I have some particularly useful talents for this: deadlines nearly missed; an inate inability to stop using dashes to join what should really be two sentences; a total block regarding learning from copy editing; and a sense of humour that defies understanding. "A 'raised Spock's eyebrow' sort of humour," is how one colleague put it - rather generously, I thought.

No comments: